The ACL204 from Ambient Recording is a portable synchronizer and the first in a new generation of Clockit products which fully utilizes the Ambient Clockit Network System (ACN). The company hopes that ACN becomes an industry standard, a system that is as open as possible, and which simultaneously merges real-time and file embedded metadata from various camera manufacturers along with a global time code reference.
The unit supports all Timecode rates and sync formats and allows the user to apply an offset to the Timecode output to compensate for the processing delay created in some HD cameras. Additionally, 3-D camera rigs can be lighter and neater by utilizing the second Timecode output, while the sync output can be switched to drive a dual load. An integrated transceiver and the second Lemo socket can be used to interface with the Clockit Network System.
An OLED display provides instant visual feedback about the unit's current configuration and assists in navigating through the menu. This can be done on the fly with one-finger without the need for screwdrivers or power cycling the unit. An intelligent algorithm prevents configuration of improper, mismatched Timecode and sync rates, or unintended alterations to the setup.
The hardware has been completely revised to provide a flexible, fully programmable FPGA architecture. Powered by a pair of AA batteries, the portable synchronizer is housed in a compact but rugged housing, ensuring many years of reliable operation, while opening the door to the extensive use of metadata that has become essential for an effective work flow in today's multi-camera film and multimedia productions.
- Portable Timecode synchronizer
- Ambient Clockit Network System support for embedding metadata into a comprehensive shot list containing start and stop times of each and every recording and machine in a multi-camera setup.
- Timecode out offset
- OLED display for on the fly menu changes
- Wireless access to Mesh Network
- Powered by 2 AA batteries
- Small and robust housing
The ACN-TL Tiny Lockit Timecode Generator & Transceiver from Ambient Recording is a temperature compensating timecode generator. Ambient Clockit Network support enables full generator-buffered timecode transceiver functionality. Connections consist of an antenna F connector and two 5-pin Lemos that can be configured for timecode in/out, RS232, USB, GPIO, switching, DC in/out, ASCII, tune signal, and PPF. Drift is less than a frame a day.
- Temperature compensating timecode generator
- Generator buffered timecode transceiver
- Drift of less than 1 frame a day (~0,1ppm)
- Supports all used frame rates
- OLED display readable even in bright sunlight
- Adjustable timecode output for recording TC on audio track
- Conversion between LTC and MTC (via USB)
- Built-in antenna
- RS232, USB and GPIO port
- Full Ambient Clockit Network support
- Works 12 hours on 2 optional AAA batteries
- Machined and anodized aluminum body